Many teens say they feel that good driving is not a matter of age and maturity, but having enough practice behind the wheel is 16 too young to get a driver's license in almost all us. The reason the government keeps the driving age at 16 is because all of you sences have developed to where you have common sence on the road so you won't do any thing stupid the other reason is. A person can obtain a hunting license at age 12, driver's license at age 16, vote and serve in the military at 18, serve in the us house of representatives at age 25 and in the us senate at age 30, and run for president at age 35.
Reasons why the driving age should stay at 16 its for a english project every reason i have seen to support raising the driving age is faulty. Pros & cons of driving at the age of 16 getting a driver's license at age 16 is considered to be a right of passage for american teenagers in many states each state has different laws regarding minimum age for driving unsupervised. Keep me logged in forgot your password reasons why teens should drive by candace webb june 13, 2017 well-trained driving in this age group video of the day. Driving age in california has been 16 for over 70 years teenager drivers account for 7% of the population and are responsible for 14% of the accidents which leaves adult drivers responsible for 86% of the accidents.
And so mr parham, chairman of the house motor vehicles committee, and many of his colleagues were not pleased when gov roy barnes recently proposed raising the legal driving age to 17 from 16. If we raise the legal driving age to, say, 17 years old, wouldn't 17 year olds have the highest accident rate simply due to lack of experience many argue that our decision making skills aren't fully developed at 16 (the legal age at which a license can actually be obtained. The current driving age is 16 years old with other states rising the driving age up to 18 i am worried our state will follow in their foot steps currently there are 6 states with a driving age higher then 16 years of age, most of them having the driving age at 16 and 6 months, and 17 years of age but the states are thinking of moving the. We should keep it at 16 because people are way more mature and can react faster. But it happens where and why it happens, however, are the needed context in the debate about elevating the legal driving age from 16 to 17 or 18.
Keeping the driving age at 16 years old introduction i think the legal driving age should be kept at the age of 16 years old because it helps teens learn responsibility, get to their jobs, and be more engaged in extracuricular activities. Should the driving age be raised to 18 from the age of 16 that it currently is in many jurisdictions the pros and cons of raising the driving age to 18 are often. Don't raise driving age | the herald if we could keep them all locked up until they turn 18, everyone would be safer sign up by the time they are 16, we think, teens need to be taking on. Although this issue is controversial, i feel that the driving age should stay at age 16, along with the existing restrictions of not driving at night or driving other passengers within the first year of your license.
The discussion of keeping the minimum driving age at 16 or raising it to 21 revolves around generic maturity, but there is more than just that to look at. Raising the driving age to 18 will save lives only eight states have a law setting the minimum age for a learners permit at 16 and only one state has the minimum. Keeping teens safe is the primary argument for raising the driving age according to the insurance institute for highway safety, the fatal crash rate per mile driven is nearly twice as high for 16-17 year-olds as it is for 18-19 year-olds.
— should the drinking age be lowered and does keeping a high drinking age save lives by teenager drink alcohol and driving with alcohol and but. So to keep it at 16, doesn't really change a thing most teens start looking for a job at 15 and 16 anyway and i still know teenagers at the age of 18 who are way more immature then most 16 year. You wish that driving age wouldn't start until 16 or 17 or at least later than the illinois minimum learner's permit age of 15 that's the driving force behind a proposed federal law called. Keeping the legal age at 16, while teens are still home rather than at college, allows for more parental monitoring and mentoring about not only safe driving, but also safe passenger behavior and.